Friday, December 9, 2011

Lets Finish What We Started - Another 2011 Countdown!

Well I kept my promise. one post a year! A special shout out to my fanbase (Jevons) I don't know you but thanks for listening I bet we have a lot in common.

Rather than rehash the year, its been pretty much shit for me, lets get straight to the music and put ourselves in a good mood! Here's my top 20 songs of 2011.

If watching all of these videos seems daunting to you then check out my best of 2011 mix(link is the box on the right) the same list plus a few extras, just mixed up a bit.


20. Tune Yards - Gangsta
"What's a boy to do if he'll never be a gangsta?"



19. The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness 
"So long my friend and adversary I will wait for you...Will you wait for me too?"

18. Real Estate - It's Real 


17. Dr. Dog - That Old Black Hole
"I dont expect you to believe me but everything is alright"



16. Kanye West & Jay-Z - Otis
"sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive"


15. Little Dragon - Ritual Union
"love is not like they say, a light is hard to make it stay"


14. Bombay Bicycle Club - Lights Out Words Gone
"keep your old and wasted words"


13. Bright Eyes - Shell Games
"someone's gotta share in the load"


12. Los Campesinos! - By Your Hand
"Its a good night for a fist fight"



11. TV on the Radio - Forgotten
"Its writing its name in the sky"


10. The Head and the Heart - Cats & Dogs/Coeur D'Alene
"my roots have grown but I dont know where they are"


9. Top Bunk - Gauntlet Hair



8. Fleet Foxes - Lorelai
"often its hard to just sweet talk"

7. M83 - Reunion 
"you make me feel my soul"






















6. The Decemberists - June Hymn
"youre standing on the landing with the war, you shouldered all the night before"




















5. Bastille - Flaws
"you have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve, and I have always buried them deep beneath the ground"


4. Youth Lagoon - Montana
"a door is always open, if it isnt closed"





















3. Radiohead - Separator
"Finally Im free of all the weight Ive been carrying"















2. Bon Iver - Towers
"well you're standing on my sternum, dont you climb down darling"
















1. Phantogram - Don't Move
"Don't you realize your fine...can't you see you that your fine...and know that you're still alive...dont you know you're alive"

















Like?! Then check out my end of the year best of mix on 8tracks:


All of theses songs plus a few extras for your listening pleasure in a tonally pleasing assortment. Best thing about 8tracks is you can download the free app and listen on your iphone. Download app and search user "complete_unknown"



Hope you enjoyed! See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment